Sunday, October 27, 2019

Jazz Cash and Easypaisa Scams/Frauds running in Pakistan

Avoid Jazz Cash and Easypaisa frauds and scams:-

A short story with precautions to avoid hackers and scammers!


A month ago a friend of mine received a
phone call on his smartphone and the number was 4444 which is the helpline for mobilink's Jazz Cash. So the person on the other hand told my friend that his Jazz Cash mobile account would get blocked for three months because of some error in system and asked my friend for MPIN and balance

.
Now call it luck or some other miracle that my friend refused to share his MPIN and told the representative to block the account for 3 months if he wanted to.

The representative on the other hand became angry and enraged. He wanted the MPIN so badly that he tried to force on the phone. My friend handed me the phone and without a word the phone was disconnected by the representative.

When I checked the messages the account of my friend was indeed locked but not because of lack of information not provided but because of multiple attempts to login with wrong MPIN number!

When I asked my friend about trying multiple MPIN numbers. He told me that the attempts to login wasn't from him. I immediately contacted Jazz Cash from his mobile and didn't dialed from recent calls but instead typed the 4444 number on the keypad.

The official representative of Jazz Cash told me that 4444 isn't for outgoing calls but is designed for receiving complaints so you won't receive any calls from 4444.

I reported the number plus described the whole incident. The person who dialed from 4444 was a scammer trying to lure much information as possible so he could gain access to Jazz Cash funds.

To keep your Jazz Cash and Easy Paisa account safe from frauds and scammers follow these steps below:-

Precautions to avoid Jazz Cash and Easypaisa scams and frauds:-

  1. Never share your MPIN with anyone. Call it representative or anyone who asks for your MPIN. MPIN is the basic security that your mobile account has and when this security is breached then your money gets unsafe.
  2. Never share your personal information with anyone. Privacy is the first and foremost part of your life so avoid handing out minor details to complete strangers. Never hand out information to any incoming calls.
  3. Never share your balance info. What you have in your account is your business and nobody else's business.
  4. You can reopen your account anytime by calling the official helpline. Always dial number in keypad.
  5. Use antivirus security on your mobile.

1 comment:

Ads